Theory Group was founded in the spring of 2011 by Esfandiar Haghverdi, Paul Purdom and Jeff Johnson. It is the first step towards making it possible for the faculty and students in the School of Informatics and Computing who work in theory to get a better representation throughout the school, the university, and the outside world. It shall also provide a medium through which a multitude of related academic activities could be organized and advertised. We also hope that it will facilitate the entry of the new-coming graduate students into the Theory Group.
Research interests include:
- Algorithms and data structures
- Cryptography and computational complexity
- Machine learning theory
- Computability theory
- Automatic support and logical foundations of syntactic theories
- Non-classical logic and their computational contents
- Quantum programming languages
- Category theory in computer science
Suggestions? Would like to give a talk? Join mailing-list?
Contact Qin Zhang (email@example.com)